Calibre, you know, that bike brand that keeps scooping up the awards with its low-cost mountain bikes? Well, the company is in the news again today with its latest variant of the popular Calibre Bossnut which it calls the Triple B.
The standard Bossnut is a good bike but customers have been asking for a version of the budget full-suspension bike with a little more travel, a dropper, and better brakes ever since the limited edition Beastnut sold out last year.
Calibre’s answer was to figure out what upgrades customers were making to the standard Bossnut and offer a build with that upgraded spec off the shelf. The result is the £1399 Calibre Triple B.
The Triple B takes the award-winning Bossnut frame and adds a bolt through 142 x 12mm axle to the rear to stiffen things up and boosts the front suspension to 140mm that also slackens out the head angle for ‘a more gravity focussed ride’.
Calibre also switched to more powerful 4 pot SRAM Guide T brakes and added a 125mm Tranz-X dropper post to the mix. It’s interesting that the Triple B comes specced with an externally routed dropper post when the Bossnut Evo was actually upgraded to accept stealth dropper posts, whether the frame on the Triple B is slightly different we’re not sure.
The Triple B also gets a special black and yellow paint job, Triple B chainstay decals and a Triple B saddle.
As for the rest of the specification, it looks as thought Calibre has followed the tried, trusted and proven Bossnut formula including an SRAM NX 1 x 11 drivetrain, WTB wheels and tyres, Kore handlebar and RockShox suspension front and rear.
Calibre Triple B Specifications
- Frame // 6061 aircraft grade hydroformed alloy frame with tapered headtube and forged one-piece rocker link – 130mm rear travel. Stealth and external dropper routing. 142 x 12mm bolt through rear axle
- Fork // Rock Shox Reba RL 140mm travel
- Shock // Rock Shox Monarch R 190 x 51mm
- Hubs // Formula 15mm bolt through 32H Front & Shimano MT500 142mm 32H Rear
- Rims // WTB ST i29 32H tubeless ready
- Tyres // WTB Vigilante 2.3in front and WTB Trail Boss 2.25in rear
- Chainset // Samox trail with 32T narrow wide ring
- Rear Mech // SRAM NX, 11-Speed
- Shifter // SRAM NX, 11-Speed
- Brakes // SRAM Guide T brakes with 180mm front and 160mm rear Centreline rotors
- Stem // Calibre trail 45mm
- Bars // Kore Durox 780mm width 20mm rise/li>
- Seatpost // Tranz-X Dropper 125mm drop
- Saddle // Calibre Triple B
- Sizes Available // Medium, Large, X-Large
- RRP // £1600 or £1399 with the discount card
If the rave reviews aren’t enough to convince you that the Triple B is up to the job then the Calibre team has sent over this video of the bike getting a little rowdy at Cadair Idris and Revolution Bike Park in Wales.
Go Outdoors has the Calibre Triple B on sale right now in sizes M, L and XL, but remember you’ll need a Go Outdoors discount card to buy this updated full-susser for just £1399.