Having launched a wildly popular Kickstarter campaign way back in 2013, Fix It Sticks went on to successfully bring its clever modular tool system into a market that, up until then, had otherwise been dominated by the standard flip-out multi-tools we’re all familiar with.
For those who haven’t seen these before, Fix It Sticks is based around the T-bar tool concept, with two ‘Sticks’ that lock into each other to create, well, a T-bar tool. The goal of this design is to bring shop-like functionality into the world of compact multi-tools.
The popularity of the design has seen Fix It Sticks expand its original product range, spawning numerous options that offer both fixed and replaceable bits.
The Mountain Kit shown here is the most comprehensive option that Fix It Sticks offers for cyclists. It’s based around the same modular system as the original Fix It Sticks, but uses swappable bits that are held within the metal barrels via magnets.
There are eight bits in total, and you also get a neat chain breaker, clip-in tyre levers, a plastic holster, and a carry case. Basically all the essentials you’d expect from a large size multi-tool.
Fix It Sticks Mountain Kit Features
- Hex keys: 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5 & 6mm hex bits
- T25 torx bit
- Phillips Head P2 bit
- Clip-in tyre levers
- Chain breaker
- Zippered carry Case with mesh compartments
- Total weight: 257g
- RRP: £49.99
Using The Sticks
The rest of this review is for members only. If you have an account, please log in. If not, you can get access by registering here for free.
Members get access to exclusive content like this but they also get..
- Fewer ads
- Post comments to stories
- Join in forum discussions
- Sell unwanted kit for free in our Classifieds
- Automatic shop discount on Singletrack merchandise
- Access more members only content
Premier members get more
- Magazine content in print 6x/year post free
- App access to every new issue of Singletrack
- Ad free website
- Big discounts on shop merchandise
- Access downloads like GPX files, PDFs and even iBooks
- Full mag archive access to all Singletrack back issues
Premier membership starts at just 1.99
|Brand:||Fix It Sticks|
|Tested:||by Wil Barrett for 6 months|